Did you mean: 

Running Labview in the embedded board - MinnowBoard or raspberry pi 2

Solved!
Go to solution

You want to buy me one Smiley Wink?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,113 Views)
I want to buy, but can you try for me before?

Only install an application in the minnowboard that use the Serial comunication.
Do you prefer I send to you the EXE file?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,090 Views)
If you want someone to do your work, you should post to the LabVIEW jobs board. It's not very realistic to expect someone to do this for free. Do you realize that the majority of the people that answer questions here are volunteers that do NOT work for NI?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,070 Views)

@dmsilev wrote:

Getting back to the Pi, a related question I've had kicking around is whether there's any prospect of getting NI-VISA, and specifically NI-VISA Server for the Pi or similar hardware?

Seems unlikely. VISA is a whole architecture and set of drivers and I'm guessing there is no support for it there. I have used Ethernet to serial converters many time and you can just use one of those (on the order of $50-100, I think) on a local network. They even let you configure a virtual serial port, so your code doesn't change. There are also such devices that allow you to do this over the web (although you could probably also just get a VPN and use the previous solution. I think Hamachi is free if you have up to 5 machines in your VPN).

I'm guessing GPIB might not have something similar (although a manufacturer like NI might), but you can search to see what types of GPIB converters do exist.

(1,987 Views)

Thanks. I'll look into those serial converters next time something like this comes up. I don't tend to do much RS232 though, it's mostly GPIB and some native USB. 

NI does sell an Ethernet GPIB dongle, but it costs more than (cheap PC + USB->GPIB dongle), so not really a very attractive solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,957 Views)

Dennis_Knutson escreveu:
If you want someone to do your work, you should post to the LabVIEW jobs board. It's not very realistic to expect someone to do this for free. Do you realize that the majority of the people that answer questions here are volunteers that do NOT work for NI?

If not to help you better not screw up.
I'm not forcing anyone to test the board so I just asked if he could take this my doubts. Because it has easier access to board it.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,686 Views)

Minnowboard is Intel Atom based, Is there anyone who has tried to use Labview RT with it?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,640 Views)

MtneerInTN escreveu:

Minnowboard is Intel Atom based, Is there anyone who has tried to use Labview RT with it?

I am also wainting...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,621 Views)