LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running LabVIEW in another PC

Hello LabVIEWers, hope you are doing well. I got an issue which might be easy for you but I couldn't overcome. I have a VI that I have designed in my own laptop for a particular device. When I run the program in my own laptop (that is 15.6'' inches) all is going well. When I connect the mentioned device's monitor (that I am designing VI for which is more than 19 inches) it is also going so well. But when I try to run the designed VI in the device I am working on, in the same monitor both front panel and block diagram becomes huge. I mean that, when I connect the monitor to my own laptop it is all fine but when I connect same monitor to the device every single graph,image, control, indicator, tab control becomes huge. I tried all the resolution options but couldn't get over it. Hope you LabVIEW masters have an idea on how to solve it.

P.S. Because of the project aggreement I am not able to share my VI with you, sorry about it.

Add 273 on whatever Celcius said.
-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,017 Views)

Unlike some politicians, I am not sure what "huge" really means. Are the elements regular sized with lots of whitespace or is everything magnified?

Is you VI set to scale with the front panel? What is the "Device"? Hardware? OS? etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,994 Views)

a little more info on your OS would be helpful.

sounds like your scaling is set differently on your two machines,

have a look again in the "Display Settings" (i am guessing, cause my windows 10 is not english)

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,992 Views)

Unlike some politicians, I am not sure what "huge" really means. Are the elements regular sized with lots of whitespace or is everything magnified?

Nice answer altenbach :). Yes, elements are greately magnified.

Is you VI set to scale with the front panel?

Nope, it is not set to scale with the front panel. (I actually tried but options but either one didn't worked)

Device is a kind of machine that drives many motors which is operated by Windows 8, 32bits having 2GB Ram. My own PC's specification is Windows 8, 16GB Ram and 64bits

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,989 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,974 Views)

Some default to a 125% zoom.

Thanks for answer Hooovah. Default is set to 100%, that one I already checked.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,965 Views)

Could just be a problem with the graphics driver or the PnP negotiation with the monitor. Some graphics systems also don't support high resolution via VGA (DVI works!) due to limitations of the digital to analog converter (Look at the graphics capabilities of the first generation I7 and similar) . Does the OS itself look fine on the device?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,960 Views)

Does the OS itself look fine on the device?

Yes altenbach, it looks fine on the OS.

Just for your info, I am using VGA when I connect monitor to the device due to device got only VGA input but I am using DVI when I connect the mentioned monitor to my own laptop. So, now it makes sense. But to ensure is this the reason of the issue I will try to find out a way to connect the monitor to the device with an alternative way (if exist). But, if anything else comes to your mind regarding the issue I would appreciate to hear it from you.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,953 Views)