LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running EXE shows file missing error

I've created an EXE from a LabVIEW project that I'm currently working on.
I can run the exe straight from the project explorer by selecting the run option from the right-click menu, but when I attempt to run it from the file location outside the project explorer, it displays a file missing error.
I've tried many methods and none of them have worked.

Is there anyone that can help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(872 Views)

Not too sure but I guess the VIs are not being included in exe build. Try putting the dependent VIs in Always Included section and build. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(832 Views)

@BestinB wrote:

I've tried many methods and none of them have worked.

Well, that does not really narrow it down for us, because we have absolutely no idea what you tried.

We also don't know your LabVIEW version. How you are running it "outside" (did you create an installer? Did you just move the exe to some random location, and if so, did you also keep the "data" folder next to it? etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(821 Views)

Hi,

I'm using Labview 2020.
I attempted to open the file using both the executable and the installed version from various computers.
I tested with numerous builder settings for creating the executable and installer.
I manually added all the vis and the files in the dependence to the project and experimented, mass compiling, disabling auto-population of folders, updating runtime engine, and experimenting with other solutions found in the forum.

Finally, I discovered the solution in this discussion: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LV2019-Sound-and-Vibration-Toolkit-executable-error/td-p/3933010.

Copying the LVASPT TFA.dll file from the LabVIEW 2020/resource folder to the support folder of my programme worked perfectly, however previously adding this dll to the builder's always included list would not work.

I'm not sure why one particular dll file goes missing just while building the executable, while the others remain functional.
If there is no such forum discussion, I'm not sure how I'd know which file is missing during the exe build, as it is a large application with numerous files.
In any case, the files from the labview resource folders will be one of the final files I'll inspect.
It took up an inordinate amount of my time.
May this be of assistance to others.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(779 Views)