cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run a VI in real time without a delay

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok.

I'm communicating via RS-232, I'm just reading frames and translating them. That's all.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(503 Views)

The format of the data is ASCII that I modified into HEX to be able to know what it is.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(499 Views)

@Yasmine90 wrote:

The format of the data is ASCII that I modified into HEX to be able to know what it is.

I'm sorry, I think I was unclear.  I meant do you have a specification?  It seems that (maybe) you are making this moer complicated than it has to be.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(471 Views)

Hi,

What do you mean by specification? As I told you before I'm just reading the micro's data.

I'm pretty sure there's a simpler way to do this.

Is a state machine better in this case? if yes how can I modify my VI in order to obtain it? 😕

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(445 Views)

The specification he is talking about is something that describes precisely what the data stream looks like.  What bytes are being sent?  What do they mean?  Is there a termination character being sent at the end of every message?

Don't worry about a state machine yet.  While is it an often used design architecture that is an improvement on many people's first attempt at code, it won't solve communication problems.  Until you know what data is being sent, what it means, and how to handle it, you are going to have problems no matter what design architecture you use.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(441 Views)