LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run RT with FPGA

I'm doing a project where I have to use RT and FPGA on myRIO 1900, so I communicate the RT and FPGA by front panel, since it more easy than use FIFO. I compile the FPGA before run the RT and the compilation is sucesfully, although when I run the RT only execute the code that are in RT but the FPGA doesn't run anything and I don't why

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,948 Views)

Can you post the project (.lvproj) file as well?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,943 Views)

(haven't seen your code but) 

You are starting the FPGA in your RT code? 

You have seen the developer guide for RIO

Message 5 of 12
(2,933 Views)

No, because I understood when you compile the FPGA and run RT it not necessary run FPGA

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,923 Views)

Not true. 

Yes you need to compile your FPGA code to a bit file that can run on the FPGA chip. 

But to be able to communicate between your RT and FPGA, the RT needs to start and run the bit file on the FPGA that you have compiled. 

That also the only way that the RT code knows what input and outputs are on the FPGA code.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,919 Views)

1. When you have more than a couple of files to post, please just put everything into a zip file and post that.  It makes life so much easier on everybody, including yourself.

2. You have to have the RT program at least connect to the running FPGA.  You do this by using the Open FPGA Reference.  I typically open via the bit file and run when opened.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,913 Views)

Well, I'm using the Open FPGA Reference and next a use Invoke Method START. But doesn't run the fpga. I will run the FPGA simultaneously with RT and see what happen

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,905 Views)

are you clicking RUN on the FPGA VI?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,901 Views)