From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Application installer and Publisher is Unknown

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I made an installer for my application and filled in all the information of the company. But when I run the installer there comes a pop-up from windows and says Publisher Unknown. 

Publisher Unknown.PNG

How can I change this? 

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,101 Views)

This is a Microsoft issue. To be more precise: The installer does not include a digital signature.

There are little to no options for NI to help.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BBram

Norbert_B, that's not true - you can sign your executables and installers with a digital signature and apply that from the Build Specification. It *is* NIs job to allow you to sign the executable/installer with your own certificate.

You will need to generate a certificate and install it in Windows, you can then use it to sign you application. For it to appear as 'verified' (green), you need to use a trusted certificate provider (e.g. verisign etc.) to generate the signed certificate - this usually comes with a charge. You can create an un-verified certificate yourself - google it.

Executable:

2016-02-11_12-47-02.png

Installer:

2016-02-11_12-46-22.png

Here's the NI Knowledgebase on the subject: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E06C1800F5AFCCBF86257236006C9F2A

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 5
(5,082 Views)

Thank you for the information!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,053 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

Norbert_B, that's not true -[...]

Here's the NI Knowledgebase on the subject: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E06C1800F5AFCCBF86257236006C9F2A

You are correct, Sam. My wording was chosen badly.

My point was that NI cannot help you to get the signed certificate beyond the KB you linked (which i heven't seen before....). It is your task to get and apply the signature.

thanks for correction and elaboration

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,038 Views)