From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run 2 VIs with from 2 different PC connectors

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I would like to run two VIs independently on the same PC at the same time ( no sychronization ) . Each VI has its own PC connectors ( 2 different USB ) to gather and send data. Is that possible?

Thank you for help in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,355 Views)

yes you can. but how are you planing your program structure? one vi, to control the other two? or just have to different progams that run separatedly and independetly. [?]

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Thank you for fast reply.

I am planing to run two programs separately. One to control a light source, the other to control a detector. The detector is connected to a NI DAQ board (usb6211). But the light source only has D-sub 9 connector. So I think I have to use two independent program to control them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xiang00

The same program can control both of them.  You just have different references for each thing you are trying to control.  In this case, you will have a DAQmx task to control the DAQ and a VISA  reference to control the light source.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(2,332 Views)
You basically just need 2 control loops. They'll be individual.
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,323 Views)