cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rows and Columns in Listbox

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have uploaded a VI, which I am doing to study listbox. In this listbox the items are different paths. They are folders in my system. I would like to have them as cells in the listbox. I would like to have them as a single column with different rows each having a path. Also I would like to have a selection box on the side to select the path. I have trying to understand this, but couldnt, so I need help. Please I would like your help in figuring this out. Thanking You in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,296 Views)

I have got an idea and did something. If any modifications can be made or if anything else has to be done, please let me know. Thanking You. The modified vi is uploaded.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,271 Views)

What does " a selection box on the side to select the path" mean? Are the paths always fixed? If so, you can use  Ring & Enumerated controls.

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,257 Views)

Hi Nghtcwrlr

What I meant was the selection box to select one of the rows of the listbox. Instead of directly clicking on the row, I can click on the selection box on the left side of the row to select the row. I have already done in the second upload I done. I just want to know whether it is correct,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,244 Views)

Also, I have 3 paths in this, but there are 5 rows. Is there a way I can automatically update the number of rows to the number of paths. Which means I only need that many rows as the number of paths. I dont want unfilled rows. Thanking You.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,232 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vindsan

Use " Array Size" to get the number of paths in your cluster and then wire this to Property node for Listbox " Number of rows".

1.png2016-02-23 13_42_49-Listbox study-3.vi Block Diagram _.png

Nghtcwrlr

Message 6 of 7
(3,215 Views)

Yes I got it, thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,193 Views)