LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing trigger from PCI 5122 to PCI 6601

Dear All,

I have a system with two PCI 5122 digitizers (one master and the other slave) synchronized together via RTSI cable.

In particular, the digitizers share the 20 MHz clock on the RTSI-0 and the reference trigger generated by the first digitizer on the RTSI-1.

Now, I need to use such a trigger signal to activate an external device that uses a falling TTL and, therefore, I cannot directly use the PFI0 of the master digitizer.

As in the system there is also a PCI 6601 board, I would like to ask which is the best solution to route the trigger available on the RTSI-1 to the 6601 and invert its polarity.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,297 Views)

Hi Mario,

you could export the 5122 trigger signal to a PFI line (using function niScope Export Signal.vi) and connect this PFI line to a PFI line of 6601.

You can use 6601 to generate a pulse with desired polarity using PFI as a trigger. You can consider DAQmx example Gen Dig Pulse - Dig Start.vi.

I hope this helps!

Bye!

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,283 Views)

Hi again,

just a note: for this issue you should post to High-Speed Digitizers or Counter/Timers boards.

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,282 Views)

Many thanks Licia for the advice.

Indeed, I was already using the PFI connector to make this route and I was wondering whether there was a more straightforward solution via the RTSI cable.

Best,

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,277 Views)