LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route PXI SMB connector to Chassis Trigger line

Hi, 

I want to use this toolkit to route my PXI SMB connector to a chassis trigger line.

I ask this question to the originator of this tool with no response:

Quote/

I used your library to route my SMB connector on PXI controller to the trigger 1 line of the back plane of the chassis. But I have a question, when I route the signal to the trigger line I always have a 3.5vdc that output from my SMB connector of the PXI controller. I use the PXI SMB Trigger Router - Map Trigger.vi with input to "Input for Direction, Trigger 1 for Trigger, and False for Inverted Polarity". What I need to do the get 0vdc at the SMB connector and not getting a short circuit with my external device that generate a Trig.

/Quote

Anyone have experience with this tool that can help me to resolve my problem?

Anyone have a different approach to route the PXI SMB trigger to a chassis trigger line?

Thank you

Dany

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,959 Views)

Which Hardware are you using (chassis, controller, modules) for this application?

Have you taken a look at Using the SMB Connector on PXI Embedded Controllers to Route a Trigger? This seems to use the same example but provides some additional information. This software example should work however, the best method to import/export PXI trigger lines to external connectors is to use the National Instruments 6653 Timing and Synchronization Module if you continue to have problems. 

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,930 Views)

Hi Frank,

I use PXIe-8106,8108,8130 Controller, with PXIe-1062,1065,1075,1000B Chassis and 5663,5660,5673,5672 RF Module.

Yes I have taken a look at this with no more success.

In my application I have some limitation on the number of module most of the time the chassis is full.

Can't add additional module.

Have you tested this example on your side?

Thank you

Dany

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,920 Views)

This issue is being taken offline to be discussed via email / phone, when a resolution comes we will update this Discussion Forums accordingly to account for the resolution. Thanks!

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,898 Views)

Was there any conclusion regarding the usage of the controller trigger? According to this post (http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/How-to-use-SMB-trigger-input-on-PXI-8187-in-LabView/m-p/218068#M1596) from 2005, this line cannot be used for deterministic triggers. Is this still the case?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,780 Views)

Hi KeA,

Are you using the same Hardware for your application as well (same controller, chassis, cards, etc.)? Have you tried running the example mentioned by Dany Allard in the first post and experience the same problems?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,769 Views)

Hi Milan,

No, I am running PXIe-8133 with a range of different cards (though the triggering is mostly used for PXIe-6361). I haven't tried the example yet, because I need a deterministic trigger to sync mutliple crates. If the trigger is not deterministic by design, it doesn't really make sense to use it... depending on the implementation I guess. Are there any details on how this trigger is implemented?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,754 Views)