LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round GUI

I was just wondering.  Does anyone know if there is some way to make a round Front Panel (or any shape other than rectangle)?  I wanted to make a GUI that was a shape other than rectangle, like Sonique.  Is this even possible in LabVIEW?

Thanks,
Jo-Jo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,018 Views)
If you're on a Windows machine you can use the Windows API to do it. See attached for a simple example.
Message 2 of 9
(5,011 Views)
That's great, thanks a lot.  I apparently have a lot of investigation to do in regards to this.  I should be able to create some really cool GUIs with this.

Thanks,
Jo-Jo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,003 Views)
With the proper playing around, you can create some nice stuff.

(4,965 Views)

Hi all,

I want to create a hole in my GUI, and the discussion above helps me to reach near to my goal, but unfortunatly, i cannot make this running, can any one see am i calling the DLL in a right Manner.

Thanks In advance.

Regards

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,571 Views)

Hello all,

Done wrong names Used, get my problem

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,551 Views)

It's also possible (and simpler) to do this by making a specific color in the window completely transparent, which causes it to allow click-throughs.

You can see an example of how to do this here, although that was just quick and dirty code, so it needs some cleaning up. I don't even remember if the color which should be transparent is set up as an input there - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Darren-s-Weekly-Nugget-04-17-2006/m-p/352929?view=by_date_ascending#...

(3,530 Views)

My original desire to make a funny shaped window ended up evolving into a white paper (with example code), which you can view and download here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9775

The example allows the user to select a black and white bitmap, which then clips the window to match the bitmap.
It should contain everything you need.

Message 9 of 9
(3,475 Views)