From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round GUI

I was just wondering.  Does anyone know if there is some way to make a round Front Panel (or any shape other than rectangle)?  I wanted to make a GUI that was a shape other than rectangle, like Sonique.  Is this even possible in LabVIEW?

Thanks,
Jo-Jo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,051 Views)
If you're on a Windows machine you can use the Windows API to do it. See attached for a simple example.
Message 2 of 9
(5,044 Views)
That's great, thanks a lot.  I apparently have a lot of investigation to do in regards to this.  I should be able to create some really cool GUIs with this.

Thanks,
Jo-Jo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,036 Views)
With the proper playing around, you can create some nice stuff.

(4,998 Views)

Hi all,

I want to create a hole in my GUI, and the discussion above helps me to reach near to my goal, but unfortunatly, i cannot make this running, can any one see am i calling the DLL in a right Manner.

Thanks In advance.

Regards

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,604 Views)

Hello all,

Done wrong names Used, get my problem

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,584 Views)

It's also possible (and simpler) to do this by making a specific color in the window completely transparent, which causes it to allow click-throughs.

You can see an example of how to do this here, although that was just quick and dirty code, so it needs some cleaning up. I don't even remember if the color which should be transparent is set up as an input there - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Darren-s-Weekly-Nugget-04-17-2006/m-p/352929?view=by_date_ascending#...

(3,563 Views)

My original desire to make a funny shaped window ended up evolving into a white paper (with example code), which you can view and download here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9775

The example allows the user to select a black and white bitmap, which then clips the window to match the bitmap.
It should contain everything you need.

Message 9 of 9
(3,508 Views)