From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating picture that rotates around a route with an arrow (like a GPS)

Hi,

I just need some help with getting this picture to rotate around an arrow, where the instructions of this rotation are already on my main GPS(main GPS vi, draw garage subvi), i just want to change the main GPS so that the picture rotates with an arrow placed on top of it making it look abit like a tomtom or garmin GPS.

All your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Dude LabView rocks.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,653 Views)

attached are vis that i've done so far for the picture rotating GPS.

any help is very much appreciated

thans.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Dude LabView rocks.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,651 Views)
if anyone has any tips please do post on here.

thanks.
Dude LabView rocks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,622 Views)
I couldn't open your vi because I'm at 7.0. How about saving an array of images for your arrow rotated in 1 degree increments. Then select the proper arrow to overwrite onto your image.

See this thread for some unusual picture control usage.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,619 Views)
hello unclebump

i checked the link out, but that isn't really what I had in mind, if perhaps you had a look at this jpeg image may be that'll make sense.

cheers.
Dude LabView rocks.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,612 Views)

Hello,

There is another forum that has an example on how to rotate an image : http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=14&jump=true

You will have to open this attached example and understand how the complex number manipulation rebuilds the pixmap with the pixel values in new locations. I am a former Loughborough University Systems Engineering Part B Student and I used this post to achieve what you want to for Programming In The Real World module, but without first understanding exactly what this VI does it will be difficult to incorporate into your code. If you need further help post back Smiley Happy

I went to Mark Snape with this VI and asked him to explain it to me, which he was more than happy to do.

Tom
NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,590 Views)
Hi tom,

I went to hackett with this and he told me that it's quite hard to manipulate the picture control, and so therefore i should focus on manipulating the pixmap.

Dude LabView rocks.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,553 Views)