LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Positioning X and Y Co-ordinates

Hi,

I am currently undertaking a project concerned with swarm robotics. We have 5 robots and a system which calculates their position within an area in terms of x and y coordinates.

The positioning system will constantly update the position of the robots and the direction which they are facing.

I am looking to try and use labview to try and show the position of these robots in real time. I was thinking of using simple shapes (rectangles) to represent the robots and these shapes could be displayed on a screen to show where the robot is positioned on the grid.

I have searched through the forums and can't seem to find anything similar.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,013 Views)

Would something like this help?

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13150

You can download the code used for this project at http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13031

Cheers,

Karl M.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,000 Views)

Define real-time.

I would go with a picture indicator, draw the robot as a rotated triangle pointing in the direction of travel.  you can make a single subvi to draw the triangel takes a X,Y, Angle and color.  Itterate over an array of clusters with this parameter for each update.  Should be able to run this fast I wouldnt show this faster than a few hz since you will not know the difference.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,990 Views)

Thank you for the sample code given above.

I have adapted in the way in which I would like the picture to appear.

I would now like to try and place multiple robot images on the picture as we have multiple robots in our demonstration. These robots will have different coordinates to each other.

I had thought of using a for loop which could repeat N times (with N being the number of robots) but I am not sure how to implement this.

I have attached the .vi as it currently stands.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,952 Views)

Something like this should work. I added a loop and arrays for your coordinates and the robot picture and color.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,947 Views)

Thanks but I can't seem to get the picture to display anything.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,942 Views)

Did you add the pictures to the array? If you have multipule data sets you will need the same number of pictures and colors.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,930 Views)

I am not really sure what you mean. I have tried changing the inputs on the front panel but cannot get the picture to display any image when it is run.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,914 Views)

I made a few small changes I did not make it so that you can chane the color of your robot. That will take a little more effort. I also took out the check for posture vi so that I could get it to run this time. It seems to work.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,905 Views)

OK this one does multi colors.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,899 Views)