LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripple measurement

I am having a high freq DC-DC converter. I need to measure ac ripple (peak to peak) using an oscilloscope of any make. How to program it. Having tktds & hioki drivers. Spike measurement I programmed it.
"Thanks with regards "
by
..........Gireesh..........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,965 Views)

What have you tried? This is generally a basic measurement. AC couple the signal and measure peak to peak.

"Spike measurement I programmed it." does not mean anything to me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,955 Views)
In DC-DC converter main issue is ripples only. It makes so many problems, when the load is an inductive. So we should measure the ripple. For spike measurement, we can easily findout the pk-pk. In the oscilloscope there is a function : pk-pk. It gives the pk-pk. But for the ripple is not any function. So we have to seperate the ac component first. Then take the pk-pk of that. Normally we can see the ripple at 10micro-sec time/div. Spike at 1micro-sec. My question was how to seperate/measure it?
"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,949 Views)

What don't you understand about ac coupling the signal?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,943 Views)
Beg your pardon
"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,937 Views)
Beg your pardon
"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,937 Views)

Perhaps you need to study some of the oscilloscope basics if you don't know how to dc or ac couple the scope's inputs. Read your manual.

Your statement "we have to seperate the ac component" means you need to remove the dc component and that is what the ac coupling switch/knob on the scope does.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,930 Views)
That I am not specifically told. normally ripples measured in ac coupling mode only, that everyone know. Even ac coupling mode also it will show some spikes over the ripple. If I am take pk-pk function, it will measure that spikes pk-pk. I need the exact ripple, then only pk-pk function will measure the exact ripple. I used cursor for that, but o/p to o/p it will vary. So that also not a better solution.
"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,913 Views)

I think I understand now what you are saying. You have some additional high values that you don't think should be considered as ripple?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,902 Views)

yes it is

how to measure the ripple in its actual form.

I think it is very difficult to measure. But nothing is impossible. have to try a lot. based on frequency or filter can we measure?

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,885 Views)