LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring or Enum does not generate "Value Change" event when used in XControl

Is this a bug? Does anyone else has this problem?

Are there any workarounds?

Mouse Up event is generated when mouse button is released from the control (but not from the items list which opens)

Regards,

Jörn

P.S.: Front panel update is also quite slow. It takes about a second to update the control after selecting an item from the pop-up list. I'am using LabVIEW2012 on Win 7.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,858 Views)

Hey Jörn,

apparently this is expected behaviour. I could reproduce it and found this Knowledgebase where it is explained:

Why Do My Mouse Up Events Not Register Correctly with Ring and Enumerated Controls?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AF594F80CE2CF74386256B3C0055F243?OpenDocument

The other thing, with the slow Frontpanel update, i could not reproduce, so if you need help with that it would be nice if you to upload an example.

Best Regards

Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,811 Views)

I'm going to help Jorn out on this one:

subject.png

! =

kb.png

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 3 of 14
(2,796 Views)

Hey  Gregor,

the behaviour concerning Mouse Up Event is as described in the article. But if I choose a different item from the pop-up list, there should be a Value Change Event. The ring does not generate a Value Change Event if used in an XControl.

Regard Jörn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,779 Views)

Can you post an example, so that we're all on the same page, both for the event issue and the update rate issue?

(2,766 Views)

Hi Jörn again,

maybe this helps:

Indicator Connected to a XControl Does Not Update Value

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/92A985F36253831186257158005E6B50?OpenDocument

Best Regards

Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,746 Views)

Sorry, Gregor,

it doesn't help. The Value Change Event Case is not processed because the ring does not generate a Value Change Event.

I'm familiar with using XControls and setting "Data changed?" and "State Changed?" of the Action-Cluster to get "data out of the XControl".

Regards, Jörn

@tst

I cannot upload the XControl because it involves too many other VIs. I will prepare an example for upload, but it takes a bit of time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,740 Views)

@JrnBrgr wrote:
I will prepare an example for upload, but it takes a bit of time.

OK. I think it's important, because if I create a simple XCtrl with a ring and value change event, it works fine.

(2,734 Views)

Am I right, that you already made an Xcontrol with a ring and it worked fine? Or is it just an expectation?

For the performance issue I think it might depends on the whole architecture. I use several XControls (about 15) which also also nested.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,722 Views)

@JrnBrgr wrote:

Am I right, that you already made an Xcontrol with a ring and it worked fine?

Yes.

(2,716 Views)