LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Control in an Array of Clusters

I've done a little digging and haven't found quite what I'm looking for.  hoping someone can help.  I have an application, where I am basically building a rules engine. This application uses rules and conditions stored in a database.  Each rule is tied to a condition, and my conditions have a basic structure of a numeric evaluation sequence, a Boolean AND/OR operator, parenthetical groupings, operators (<, >, etc.), a value to compare against (free-text), and a parameter which is pulled from the external system.  

The problem: The parameters are constantly being updated, so I do need to be able to pull them on the fly and make them available to my admins so they can create new rules or change rules, or whatever - and my application needs to be able to pull the latest list of parameters to use in the rule evaluation engine.  

What is the best way to make the list of parameters available to my admins for them to update this form.  I need the parameters to match exactly, as they are coming from a second system that I have no control over, so I need to force my admins to make a selection from what is available.

What I'm doing in the screenshot isn't working.  it is throwing an error about duplicate strings, even though there are no duplicates

Error Message: LabVIEW: (Hex 0x469) You cannot assign the same numeric value to two or more strings in a ring control. You also cannot assign the same string value to two or more strings in a combo box control.

I did attempt resetting the control before doing this, but got the same result. 

Please Help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(823 Views)

figured out my mistake... wired the string/int backwards... smh...

in any case, I still cannot get the parameter ring control in the Condition cluster in the Conditions Array to populate with all possible values.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(820 Views)

Hi dbrown,

no (real) code, no help…

Mind to attch your VI(s)?

Btw. have you heard of the MinMax function in the comparisons palette?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(767 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Btw. have you heard of the MinMax function in the comparisons palette?

Also look into autoindexing and conditional last value indexing.

Both will replace the need the shift registers, I think completely, increasing readability. And it would have been faster to make, but only if you do it from the start of course. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(756 Views)