LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click context menu at auto indexing tunnel and index array node

I have an array of Control ref and it is wired to index array node and property\method node can be directly created,

AtIndex.png

Now if same array is wired to for loop with indexing enabled we don't see the same option for creating property\method node.

AtForLoop.png

I can create a property node and drop inside the loop and it will work fine.

But both are almost same, isn't it? Why can't we create the property node directly in case on indexing tunnel.
Am I missing something obvious here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,288 Views)

Hello ufaruque123,

Thanks for showing this different behavior. An auto-indexing tunnel should be consistent with the behavior you see using Index Array (since it's the same data type). I reproduced it in my side and filed Bug #950287 for the appropriate team to review it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,022 Views)

This has annoyed me forever.  The workaround is to wire the ref across the FOR loop and right-click for the proper menu.  Ugh.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,016 Views)

@billko wrote:

This has annoyed me forever. 

Not quite forever, but I do have the receipt:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Create-Property-or-Invoke-Nodes-from-Auto-indexed-tun...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,994 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

@billko wrote:

This has annoyed me forever. 

Not quite forever, but I do have the receipt:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Create-Property-or-Invoke-Nodes-from-Auto-indexed-tun...

Now that it's been re-classified as a bug, you (and at least two other developers) may get their wish!  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,988 Views)