LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-click RTM files are lost when building app

If I add a right-click menu to a control, but choose to save it as a file instead of as part of the control (because I want multiple controls to share the same contextual menu and this makes it easier to maintain the menus) - then these menus seem to refer to the original menu file in my source code directory (with an absolute path as well...). So if I run the built application after building it it looks as if the sub-menus are there, but if I install it on another computer (or rename/remove the source code directory where the original rtm files are) then the built app will lose the menus. This happens regardsless of whether I explicitly include the rtm files in the build or not (and whether they are put within the exe or in a directory outside).

Should the rtm files not get included automatically as long as the VIs with the controls are explicitly included in the app (and they do get into the executable so no problem there)...and if not, is there a way to ensure that they are included in a way that will make the controls find and load them?

If this is a bug, or if it requires some special action (obvioulsy it does) then I would suggest that we get an option for rtm files similar to the one we have for type defs e.g. - nanemly to disconnect (or include within the control) the menu from the file when the build is done.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,020 Views)

FYI - this bug seems to have been fixed in LabVIEW 2011...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,938 Views)