From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Button-> Subvi Settings get lost when conector pane changes

Solved!
Go to solution

When I change the connector pane of a subvi and then execute right button-> reconnect with subvi, the subvi settings (right button-> subvi settings) get lost.
I'm not sure about the right names, i use german version of LabVIEW.

Is it a bug or intentional behaviour?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,311 Views)

Hi wladimir,

when you want those settings saved with your subVI you should actually set and save them in your subVI!

Open the subVI, edit it's settings (Ctrl-i), then save it…

When I change the connector pane of a subvi

Do you change connector panes that often?

Usually you should define functions first before you use them in your main program - this is valid for all programming languages…

Maybe someone from NI can answer this.

I guess those settings are lost because "reconnecting" does essentially the same as "placing a new subVI icon and rewiring"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,296 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wladimiripg

wladimiripg wrote:

A correction of this behavior has been suggested as a LabVIEW idea long ago. If you think that this behavior should change, please click below and vote for it by giving kudos! Thanks! 😄

Relinking to a subVI should retain the subVI node setup settings

@GerdW wrote:

Do you change connector panes that often?

Usually you should define functions first before you use them in your main program - this is valid for all programming languages…

Read my scenario in the above idea for an example where the current behavior causes problems. Since it is still the same subVI, there is no reason to revert the call setup.

Message 3 of 3
(2,231 Views)