From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving RPM or Frequency from a hall effect sensor to LabVIEW 2021

I am trying to get RPM from my electric motor using a hall effect sensor. I have wired my hall effect sensor directly through an interface to my cDAQ-9188 to be sent to my computer. How do I read the data in and find its frequency in LabView 2021?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(656 Views)

cDAQ-9188 is an Ethernet cDAQ chassis, please specify the module you've connected to the hall effect sensor and exact wiring.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(645 Views)

Sorry about that. I have a NI 9220 attached to the interface. I have my VCC connected to AI11+, my OUT to AI12+, and my GND to both AI11- and AI12-. I was really confused as to how to wire the hall effect sensor. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(618 Views)
  1. VCC of hall effect sensor is the power supply input for the sensor and should not be connected to an analog input of the module
  2. Connect VCC to a suitable power supply
  3. What other modules do you've access to (other than 9220)? because analog input module is not an ideal module to count the pulses from hall effect sensor
    • If that is what you've then it is still possible with some limitations
  4. Please share the model of the hall effect sensor and its datasheet.
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(607 Views)

Thanks for the tip on the VCC. 

3. I don't have any other modules at the moment. 

4. I don't recall which model I used, but the manufacturer is Honeywell I think. I will try and get back to you on that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(587 Views)