From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve an Integer array from OPC Server in Labview

Dear netters:

We are trying retrieve an interger array data from an OPC server in Labview. The sample code shows how a float data item is retrieved. However, when I changed to an array type item, Labview throws an exception and shutdowns itself. Could anyone tell me where I can find the related information about OPC client programming in LabView which can retrieve array data type?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,646 Views)
How are you going about trying to retrieve the data? Are you trying to use the front panel datasocket or are you using datasocket vi's?

Also, are you able to retrieve a simple number to rule out other issues besides the array?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,646 Views)
Currently, we are thinking of using datasocket vi only.

The sample code (NI Demo OC Client.vi) provided by the LabView is able to retrieve simple number (float) from the OPC server. However, when the sample code is configure to retrieve an array data, LabView throws an exception, unknown software exception (0x80000003) at location -x03bc0888.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,646 Views)