From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve FPGA bitfile from sbRIO Flash

I am using a SBRIO 9651 for an application. I use RIO Device Setup to deploy LVBITX file to the flash.

Due to some regulations, for subsequent LVBITX deployments, I have to compare the new LVBITX file with the one already deployed in the Device Flash.

How can I retrieve a LVBITX deployed on flash (programmatically or otherwise) ? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,158 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,134 Views)

Hi Xonmyth,

Yes I saw those posts before. Weren't of much help. The first one about the change in how the bitfile is referenced is actually what creates the problem for me. About the second link, Yes, the image contains the bitfile but for validation purposes I have to do the comparison strictly between the bitfile deployed onto Flash.

I am pretty sure the location info is inside say 'RAD utilities' (since it extracts the bitfile from image and deploys to flash) but most of the VIs are protected and the info cannot be extracted. 

Nevertheless thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,061 Views)

Have you managed to compare the deployed .lvbitx file to the newly built one, although i have used the same code to build when i compare them using a simple text compare tool like Winmerge i see lots of differences, is it possible to recreate the same .lvbitx file?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(286 Views)