LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted user cannot load VI: lvinit.cpp line 1427

We have several users who log into a WinXP Pro workstation joined on a domain.  One person has created a VI but when somebody else tries to run it, they get an error message:

Fatal Internal Error: "lvinit.cpp", line 1427

LabVIEW version 8.0

You will lose any unsaved work.  For assistance in resolving this problem, please relaunch LabVIEW, or contact National Instruments

The VI was originally on a user's desktop and was copied to another folder.

I suspect the issue is related to being a restricted user (not  a Power User or Administrator). I logged on with admin rights and changed the permissions so all users on the computer had Full Control to the folder that contains the VI - and I confirmed that the VI had the appropriate permissions.  This made no difference.  The VI hierarchy showed that other VIs were all in the LabVIEW folder.

We were able to work around the problem by simply giving the user in question full Admin rights when they logged on to their domain account, but we would prefer not to do this.

I suspect that there is an issue with how the computer has joined the domain: there was an error with the account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM (Windows cannot update your roaming profile.), and I thought it was odd that when somebody creates a new folder on C:\, it has permissions only for that user (other users can list, read and execute but not write, modify and don't have full control.

Any help would be appreciated - though, for us, it has low priority.

Yours,

Richard Gymer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,343 Views)

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using the National Instruments forums!

Is this error only with this one specific VI or with all VI's?? What does this VI do in terms of function?

Have you tried this same VI as a copy of this file, to make sure there is no corruptions with the VI?

Error related to lvinit.cpp are generally due to administrator rights / user rights issues.. Was LabVIEW installed with admin priveleges, and that users are allowed to read/write on the file used by LabVIEW? It has been seen before that the issue can be solved with giving the users the suitable read/write permissions to LabVIEW.

Kind regards,

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,318 Views)