LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution of teperature measurement

Dear All,

I am us 1102 SCXI module & RTD sensor for temperature measurement. My requirement of measurement resolution is 0.01 Deg.C but I am getting only 0.1 Deg.C in labview program. when I use calibration wizard available in new daqmx I saw 0.01Deg.C of resolution. How to get the same resolution in Labview program?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,525 Views)
configure your indicator to show a resolution higher than 2 digits.
Right click on your indicator and choose Format&Precision ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,504 Views)
configure your indicator to show a resolution higher than 2 digits.
Right click on your indicator and choose Format&Precision ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,503 Views)
It is not the problem in formatting digital indicator. Actually my digital indicator is formatted to three decimal precision. but the increment if between two values is 0.06 Deg.C in labview program. but in calibration wizard in daqmx it is 0.01 Deg.C. how to get the same 0.01Deg.C resolution in labview program?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,488 Views)

Uuhhh, you don't need to shout Smiley Wink

What type of sensor (Pt100, NTC ???) are you using?

How is your setup (gain, exitation, connector block,  ... )?

Just because you have a 10mK resolution in the calibration tool, that doesn't mean you can get this resolution with your setup.

If you use a Thermistor 0.06K sounds reasonable in respect to some exitation and gain settings.  

Message Edited by Henrik Volkers on 06-14-2006 09:47 AM

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,479 Views)