From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting the timer of "elapsed time express VI" in a case structure.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a case structure. For the event to be TRUE, the program should perform 3 Boolean operations TRUE condition I have made use of 3 elapsed time VIs. The 3 Boolean conditions have to executed in 2,5,8 seconds respectively. After 2 seconds, Boolean 1 should turn ON. After 5 seconds Boolean 1 should turn OFF and Boolean 2 should turn ON. After 8 seconds Boolean 2 should turn OFF and Boolean 3 should turn ON and must continue to remain ON unless the FALSE condition is executed.

During the FALSE condition, all 3 Boolean indicators must turn OFF and all 3 timers have to be reset.

While executing from TRUE to FALSE there is no problem,but while executing from FALSE to TRUE, the 3rd Boolean continues to remain in ON state rather than OFF state because the timer starts off from the point where it last was instead of resetting.

How do I correct this problem so that the timers start from 0 second everytime the TRUE case is executed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,838 Views)

connect the bool (reset and output) onto a shift register...  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,826 Views)

Please attach some simplified code. Your words are not sufficient to describe what you are actually doing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cricketfreak

hope this helps....if not, modify to your requirements

Spoiler
elapsed.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,804 Views)

i was not happy with the last code, so here is the revised one....slight logic change here Smiley Wink

Spoiler
elapsed.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,793 Views)

Thanks a lot for the help. It worked perfectly.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,768 Views)