LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseting After 1073807298 VISA Error

All,

I am operating two different Keysight power pupplies (PS), primarily using IVI drivers, but I am experiencing the same issue when I use the Plug-and-Play "traditional" drivers as well.

I am communicating over a USB line.

If I attempt to initialize a PS with the PS power off, my code aborts with an error. When I restart the code, I get an I/O error when the initialize function runs again (with the power on this time). Error code is 1073807298.  So far, the only way I have been able to clear that error is by shutting LabVIEW down and restarting, which won't be acceptable once my code is running on the production floor.

Can anyone give me advice on how to reset my system without shutting down LabVIEW?

Thanks very much.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,956 Views)

The Bad News is that there is no such LabVIEW Error number.  The not-so-bad News is that "Signs are important", and that Error -1073807298 does exist, and means VISA could not perform some operation because of an I/O Error.

Do you know precisely which function (I presume it was one of the ones in the picture you attached, but it is extremely difficult to debug a picture -- can't edit, can't run, etc., and we can't discover the names of the unidentified sub-VIs shown there) caused the Error?  Was there only one error?

There are a few things you could try.  One is write some test code that does nothing except try to Open, then Close, the connection to your device.  If it works, add one function (and test) at a time to try to discover the nature of the failure.

Does the Manufacturer (Keysight?) have any suggestions?  What does the Manual suggest to do?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,907 Views)

Do some error handling: If you see that error, close the VISA resource ref.  Have a pop-up to tell the user what to do, including clicking OK when ready.  Re-try the init.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,880 Views)