LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset revision history for all VIs in an llb

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to clear the revision history for multiple VIs at once, specifically all in a particular .llb.  I know how to clear each one individually, but what a pain.  I hoped if I took the top vi in llb and saved as, and created new hierachy, all VIs would reset...no go.

I would really like to disable the rev history feature.  I know you can chose not to display the history, but I cannot figure how to disable the rev history feature itself.  Meaning, if I change a vi 10 times and someone else turns on the view feature, it will always show 0, or 1, not 10.  I want to release new software with all set at 1st rev, but I find no other way to do this except go and reset the history for each individual VI---UGH!

Thanks in advance!

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,092 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfleming

You can reset a VIs rev history using VI Server to load the vi and a method to reset. See attached (LV 8.6)

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 6
(3,078 Views)

Thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply.  For some reason I didn't get an email from NI (as usual) to inform me that somone (you) replied to my question.

It looks like I need to put this code into all of my VIs to reset each one individually, which is the route I might take.  I have about 30 VIs in the llb, so unfortunately I have to add 30 times at this point.  I wish there was a way to reset all automatically using a tool in labview.  Obviously there is on option from the drop downs (or cntrl y) to reset each VI individually.  Wonder why they don't have a global reset or why creating a new hierarchy (save as option doesn't work).  I may just have to bite the bullet and add what you sent to each of the 30 VIs.

However, this is great information for my next project, I will just add it to new VIs from the start!

Thanks for your time and input!!!!

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,995 Views)

You've already asked this question before, and I've already provided an answer.

Please do not create multiple threads asking the same question - this is annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,981 Views)

Sorry, thought the 1st one didn't get posted...forgot to subscribe and couldn't relocate.

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,973 Views)

Exactly what I needed!!!!

tks

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,972 Views)