From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required help with writing to a file.. urgent plz help

Hello Everyone, 

I am using the following code to write data to a particular file.. 

I have 2 wfms, pressure and torque, the pressure is a simple one...

THe torque is bit complex, the operator has to press the "Start/Stop Torque DAQ" button and then select a filename... Next, he has to press the "Run/Stop Test"

button to finish 1 set of test and then write to the next available file name without pressing anything else... 

I tried connecting an OR gate to the enable/reset ports, but it didn't work... Can anyone please suggest me how to do this??

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,698 Views)

Well, your Express VI's are set to Append to file as opposed to Use next available filename.

(PS.  You only need one punctuation mark to end sentences.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,687 Views)

Hi,

i changed it to Use next available file name, but still it doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,679 Views)

Ravens Fan,

I simply connected a boolean control to the enable/disable port of the write to measurement VI, and kept the setting as USE NEXT AVAILABLE FILE NAME, but still, it kept on writing to the same file...

I read the help, and it said that the reset should be true to acheive this, how should i proceed? Please help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,674 Views)

Hh Crack Jack,

Try this...

RCD.jpg

<<Kudos are welcome>>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,659 Views)

Electro SAM, 

Did it work for you?? i tried it... but it kept on appending the same file... 

I simply have a analog read, write to measurement file ... everything in a while loop

If it worked for you, can you please upload your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,637 Views)

Does anyone know about this yet?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,624 Views)