LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting help or guidance for BER vi in software only

Good afternoon,

I'm new to Labview and not much of a programmer, you can see in the vi's attached.  What I'm trying to do is establish the Bit Error Rate of a channel between two 802.11g wireless devices that are each attached to a laptop.  I have a Spirent SR5500 channel emulator between them, but don't have hardware for generating or analyzing a data stream between them.  I'm running Labview 2010 and have or can get just about any module there is to assist.  The attached vi's are honestly a total kludge.  One sends UDP packets to the remote machine, waits for them to return, compares any errors in the packets, and accounts for corrupted headers by counting lost packets.  The other vi just bounces the packets back to the first.

Would you guys do me a huge favor and look at these and see what I can do better?  I haven't found in the tutorials, examples, or forums any other way to do BER in software only, did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,

firemarshall 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,085 Views)

Good Afternoon firemarshall,

I think I found a tutorial that might be of use to you for BER in software.  Let me know how this link works for you.

http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/7a9a48150adfb3a9862575600074c9c2

-Cody C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,069 Views)