LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting for Phd topic

I am Eliyaz Mahammad, I am working as assistant professor in the dept of ECE, can you please suggest me a phd topic based on digital electronics and LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,658 Views)

This is something you should be discussing with your Professors and with the Chairman of your Department.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,653 Views)

Eliyaz

I am worried by your restriction to digital electronics. The whole point of LabVIEW is to make it easier to connect a computer to real world, which in many, many cases is sadly and obstinately analogue in nature. I would do as Bob suggests, talk with your Professors and with the Chairman of your Department. You could also ask around to see if anyone has something that they need instrumenting and/or controlling.

However I think it could be hard to satisfy the academic rigour requirements of a PhD just by doing this.

One possible topic: Find every possible method a LabVIEW programme on computer A can communicate with another programme on computer B. Understand each one, and benchmark for speed, amount of data, latency, consistency and reliability.

Or you could get LabVIEW to work with the OpenCV open source imaging library.

Message 3 of 3
(2,609 Views)