From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for duplication attempt: LV2018f1 Favorites Pallet

Hello, I wanted to get some input before I open a bug report. Is anyone else having issues with the "favorites" pallet in the block diagram pallet menu?

I am not sure if this is a unique bug related to adding my own toolbox to the block diagram pallet, so I wanted to post and see if anyone is able to replicate this issue. See video example here:

What is going on: When navigating the block diagram pallet menu with the ARROW KEYS (mouse does not seem to cause the same problem) LV2018.F1 crashes. Note that no LVfailurelog entry is created by this crash.

________/~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~\________
Certified delinquent LabVIEW developer. Recertifying at next NI Days
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,152 Views)

This doesn't happen to me, but looking at your icon it appears that you're using 64-bit LabVIEW.  I'm using 32-bit.  Can you confirm?

Just in general, when posting a bug of this nature (crashing) it's helpful to include:

The exact version of LabVIEW, including bit-ness and licensing level

Operating system info

PC specs

Any other installed NI programs or packages

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,124 Views)

@Kyle97330

Operating system info

PC specs

I honestly forgot there even was a 32bit LV18 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am running Windows 10 version 1803

Bug is recorded on a windows surface book 1

Other NI packages installed on this device:

ni package list.PNG

Sorry to miss that obvious step!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,105 Views)

@szewczak wrote:

@Kyle97330

Operating system info

PC specs

I honestly forgot there even was a 32bit LV18 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really?  NI's own recommendation is to use 32-bit unless you need the ability to use all of your PC's RAM in LabVIEW.

I mean, I'm still clueless as to why your favorites menu is broken, and if you need 64-bit then knowing that 32-bit is OK isn't helpful, but unlike many programs you shouldn't just install the version that matches your OS... it also needs to match any DLLS or toolkits you want to use as well.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,095 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

@szewczak

Really?  NI's own recommendation is to use 32-bit unless you need the ability to use all of your PC's RAM in LabVIEW [....] it also needs to match any DLLS or toolkits you want to use as well.

The Main use case I apply LV to is ML on acoustics and spooling out to 4GB+ of ram is a godsend. Also all the .dll/.so packages we write and rely on are x64. The reason I shrugged at the x86 is force of habit and assuming things were pushing in the x64 direction because of the depreciation of x86 architecture on LV-Linux over the past year. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,080 Views)