cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report generation with office 365 with NON-breathable account

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have a software that generate a report using the office 2010 toolkit and I have a license for that tool kit. They asked me to upgrade that machine witch it has a local account (NON-breathable account) to office 365 or office 2016 with windows 10 . I did some research and I found that I need to re-build the software with the 2016 office toolkit( with is that not a problem) the real problem is I couldn't find any way to install the office 365 or 2016 to a non-breathable account. Any one have any idea of how to do this upgrade or went through the same situation here can help ? . I kind of stuck here because I do not have that much experience with LabVIEW. Thank you..  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36
(3,400 Views)

What do you mean by "non-breathable" account?  Is that a bad google translation to English?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36
(3,384 Views)

Hi Ziad,

I couldn't find any way to install the office 365 or 2016 to a non-breathable account.

You should ask that question to Microsoft! How is this problem related to LabVIEW?

(What is a "non-breathable" account? You're not allowed to breath?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(3,383 Views)

Thank you for the quick respond. The NON-breathable account means that it is a local account not related to a person such as a test machine that any one in the Lab can use.

@RavensFan wrote:

What do you mean by "non-breathable" account?  Is that a bad google translation to English?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(3,366 Views)

OK first thank you for your funny soul that you have by giving a positive energy for  people to continue  there day. YOU MADE MY DAY BROTHER..

I asked Microsoft any their respond was that there is no standalone version of Office after the 2010 version they all need to be assign to a breathable account ( an account that assigned to a person with an email account).

The NON-Breathable account means that the account assigned to a machine that have more than one user such as a test machine that will be used by all the LAB.

Thank you

wrote:

Hi Ziad,

I couldn't find any way to install the office 365 or 2016 to a non-breathable account.

You should ask that question to Microsoft! How is this problem related to LabVIEW?

(What is a "non-breathable" account? You're not allowed to breath?)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(3,362 Views)

Where did you get this phrase from?

None of us have heard of it before.  I googled "non-breathable account" and the only hit that came up relating to computers is this exact thread.

The first key point to getting meaningful help is to use terminology that actually exists.

Who installs Office 365 to these lab PC's?  There are "stand-alone" versions of office after 2010.  I'm running Office 2016 that is installed to my PC right now.  The other situation would be people who have office 365 they run through a web based app.  Either way, Microsoft is moving toward a subscription based system where they want to continually charge you and will push updates to you as they release them.

I suggest you talk to the person who installed your Office application.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36
(3,351 Views)

Thank you.. I get it from our IT people.  sorry for confusing. Office 2016 need to be assigned to an email address to get it activated and I know that Microsoft there going forward to use the OneDrive with all their applications. The IT is working from their side with Microsoft to find any solution for this situation because out roles in the company that there is NO way to have an email to a NON-breathable account ( sorry for using it again but hopefully we all know what that means now) .. So let me ask this question now>>> Does the machine that create the report using LABVIEW shall have an active office or we can have the office 2016 LabVIEW toolkit create the report and review the report in a different PC????

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36
(3,340 Views)

@ZiadAlkhoury wrote:

( sorry for using it again but hopefully we all know what that means now) .

Please stop using that phrase.  I'm sorry your IT uses it because it tells me they have no idea what they are talking about.

Question.  Is MS office actually physically installed on the hard drive of that PC?  Or is it being using through "the cloud"?  I'm not talking about activation, or whose e-mail address is used or not used.  But how is Office installed?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36
(3,331 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@ZiadAlkhoury wrote:

( sorry for using it again but hopefully we all know what that means now) .

Please stop using that phrase.  I'm sorry your IT uses it because it tells me they have no idea what they are talking about.

LOL. OK I am not using it anymore.

Yeah I have it physically installed in the PC.  But.. can you use the MS office if it is not activated?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36
(3,317 Views)

I would assume no, that Office needs to be activated in some manner.  Whether it is just to be able to open up the Excel user environment, or also to be able to use the underlying ActiveX objects, i don't know.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(3,297 Views)