LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report generation Footers

Greetings all... hope someone can help.

I inherited a huge Labview application that works well. I have been tasked with cleaning it up and adding some info to the report. The report uses the Report Generation Vi's including New Report, Append Image to Report, Set Report Font, etc... New Report is set to Word type. Report Generation Toolkit is installed. I am trying to add a footer to the report. I can do that easily enough, however, it seems like the footer is limited to 2" in length. As a result, the last 5 characters of the footer wraps to the next line. It does not matter whether I select left, center, or right. The footer is 25 characters long, and the font size is 12 (standard). The system is running Word 2007. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the footer to accept a longer text string.

I have attached an image of the section of code in question. pls... be nice lol  As I said, I inherited this and not much planning was done as to how the report would look at the time. You will see a string constant comprised of a number sequence going into the footer report vi. This is for testing only and allows me to see easily how many characters it will accept.

can anyone help??????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,215 Views)

Hi Franco,

Much like when you write a document in Word, there is just a set limit to the amount of text you can fit across one line of the page.  Much like you can in Microsoft Word when editing yourself, you can use the Set Report Margins VI to set the margins to be smaller so that more text will fit on the page.  Apart from making the text's font smaller, this is one of the few solutions to fitting more text per line.  Thanks!

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,189 Views)