LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I get a error if I add the Report Classes and create an exe.

That's the error:

Fehler 1003 ist bei VI-Referenz öffnen in VISL_getDSCSharedDir.vi->VISL_detectAndCopyVISvr.vi->AB_Engine_Copy_CustomIOServer_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Preview_Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller aufgetreten

What's the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,697 Views)

What version of LV are you using?

Are you sure that the application is executable in the development environment?

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 9
(2,692 Views)

I'm working with LabView 2010.

The application is running without problems. It seems, that vi.lib\lvdsc\common\path\PTH_SharedDir.vi is responsible. If I try to execute PTH_SharedDir.vi I get an error because a dll is missing. dsccommn.dll which I cannot find on my hdd nor in the internet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,686 Views)

Is a build of an exe successfull if you dont use the Report Generation toolkit in the application?

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 9
(2,682 Views)

No, the dll is missing again. Where can I get the dscCommn.dll?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,677 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stagediver

This dll should be in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\System manager\11.0\vi.lob\lvdsc\common

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 6 of 9
(2,675 Views)

Are you using shared variables?

LV DSC is the source of this folder (including the DLL). I don't know why you are requiring this for building the EXE except you are using DSC features, most likely because of settings for shared variables....

Norbert 

Norbert
Message 7 of 9
(2,673 Views)

Thanks Thoric,

I just copied the dll to the path, where the builder was searched for it and now it works 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,649 Views)
There could still be other issues lurking, as Norbert mentioned this dll is a part of LabVIEW DSC. It might be worth checking your installation.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,646 Views)