LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office - Only Excel?

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know if the general open/close/create toolkit VIs and the specific Excel functions within the Labview Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office will work if only a standalone copy of MS Excel (only) is installed on a machine or does the toolkit require full MS Office installed on the machine to work with Excel files?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,479 Views)

@aaronb wrote:

Does anyone know if the general open/close/create toolkit VIs and the specific Excel functions within the Labview Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office will work if only a standalone copy of MS Excel (only) is installed on a machine or does the toolkit require full MS Office installed on the machine to work with Excel files?  

I can test this on my computer at home, where I have LabView Professional + a standalone copy of MS EXCEL 2016 only installed.

But I have little knowledge and experience with the Toolkit, as we don't use it at work.

Can you provide an example .vi and a Excel-file for me to test?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,450 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aaronb

@aaronb wrote:

ok, I downloaded and activated the Report Generation Toolkit from

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-report-generation-toolkit-for-microsoft-office-2017/6723/en/

after that, I ran the "MS Office Report" from the protocol palette (I guess this express-vi wasn't there before I did install the toolkit)

works like charm for EXCEL, and I get an Error if I try to run the "Basic Word Report", which I did expect,

since this is a Excel-only Installation on this computer

q.e.d.

Message 3 of 5
(3,434 Views)

Exactly what I needed! Thanks alexderjuengere!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,414 Views)

@aaronb wrote:

Exactly what I needed! Thanks alexderjuengere!

Thanks for posing the question,

this was something I had in mind for quite a long time 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,404 Views)