From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office - Only Excel?

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know if the general open/close/create toolkit VIs and the specific Excel functions within the Labview Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office will work if only a standalone copy of MS Excel (only) is installed on a machine or does the toolkit require full MS Office installed on the machine to work with Excel files?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,518 Views)

@aaronb wrote:

Does anyone know if the general open/close/create toolkit VIs and the specific Excel functions within the Labview Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office will work if only a standalone copy of MS Excel (only) is installed on a machine or does the toolkit require full MS Office installed on the machine to work with Excel files?  

I can test this on my computer at home, where I have LabView Professional + a standalone copy of MS EXCEL 2016 only installed.

But I have little knowledge and experience with the Toolkit, as we don't use it at work.

Can you provide an example .vi and a Excel-file for me to test?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by aaronb

@aaronb wrote:

ok, I downloaded and activated the Report Generation Toolkit from

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-report-generation-toolkit-for-microsoft-office-2017/6723/en/

after that, I ran the "MS Office Report" from the protocol palette (I guess this express-vi wasn't there before I did install the toolkit)

works like charm for EXCEL, and I get an Error if I try to run the "Basic Word Report", which I did expect,

since this is a Excel-only Installation on this computer

q.e.d.

Message 3 of 5
(3,473 Views)

Exactly what I needed! Thanks alexderjuengere!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,453 Views)

@aaronb wrote:

Exactly what I needed! Thanks alexderjuengere!

Thanks for posing the question,

this was something I had in mind for quite a long time 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,443 Views)