LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit failure with Win 7 and Labview 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently had my computer updated to Windows 7 and am now seeing a problem with the Report Generation toolkit (version 2013) when working with Excel files.  If I try to run the New Report.vi with report type Excel selected I get  error -2146777998.  Doing the same thing with Word selected eventually opens Word, although this takes about ten seconds, but it does not generate an error.  Selecting Standard Report or HTML also run without errors.

I've researched this error on line but I keep ending up .NET and C# forums where everything goes over my head. Has anybody got any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,440 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rimfire44

I found the solution to this particular source of error code -2146777998. There are two template files that reside in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\templates\Report  by the name of MSOffice_RGT_Template.dot and MSOffice_RGT_Template.xlt.  The problem came down to that these templates got corrupted somehow during the fresh install. As soon as I replaced them with versions from another machine the problem disappeared.

Just as a side note, I discovered the problem by kicking off the MS Office Report Express vi and out came a much clearer message that aimed me at the templates. Not quite sure why that message isn't echoed into the individual subvi's on the pallette, but life is a mystery.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,375 Views)