cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit - Word report issue after upgrading to LabVIEW 2018

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded from LabVIEW 2009 (Windows XP) to LabVIEW 2018 (Windows 10).

I am using Office 2016, and I installed LabVIEW and the report generation toolkit after installing Office.

My quite complicated Word reports don't work anymore. I attached a simple "write to Word bookmark" that does not work for me anymore (I hope the snippet works, I have not tried this before). The template is correct, it opens ok, the font is set with no error, the bookmark is there, but when trying to write to it, I get the error attached.

(-2146822164).

My template is an old ".doc" file (Word 2013), with lots of formatting and bookmarks, I would prefer to keep unchanged.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,276 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adina25

Update: I ran one of the LabVIEW examples and it worked.

My stuff still did not work, until I realized that my template was read-only. My templates have always been read-only, on all versions of LabVIEW&RGT I have ever used (the latest was 2016). Well, with LabVIEW 2018 I cannot use read-only templates. Once I removed that flag, everything worked.

I have to find another way of protecting the templates. I don't want them to be modified accidentally. Anyway, at least I can print now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,999 Views)

Put the templates in a 'special' directory, open them, populate them with data then 'save' the polulated file to the public 'data' location.

You would not need to lock files, if users don't know where they are.

Under Win10, C:\Users\Public\Public Documents folder is the safe accessable location for your LabVIEW program to access configuration and other system data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,753 Views)