LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit, Excel

I am writing an application that log the measurment data into an Excel file, I want to format the cells that have values above -0.000080 to blue , below -0.000120 to red and leave the values in between black. I used "Excel Set Cell format.vi and wired : [Red][<=-0.000120];[Blue][>-0.000080];

however when the code runs, the blue section works fine but the red format the cells to red but shoes them in positive and the cells with value in between are shown as ##########

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,568 Views)

Please share your code.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,540 Views)
The string octothorps means the column is too narrow to display the data with the specified formatting.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,521 Views)

@parissa_wall3 wrote:

I am writing an application that log the measurment data into an Excel file, I want to format the cells that have values above -0.000080 to blue , below -0.000120 to red and leave the values in between black. I used "Excel Set Cell format.vi and wired : [Red][<=-0.000120];[Blue][>-0.000080];

however when the code runs, the blue section works fine but the red format the cells to red but shoes them in positive and the cells with value in between are shown as ##########

You provided color format and conditions but no number format. You should also respect the usual order of format number strings: Positive;Negative;Zero;Text. In this particular case your blue section first, followed by the red section and then provide a zero case for the values in between.

Try this string:  [Blue][>-0.00008]General;[Red][<=-0.00012]-0.000000;[Black]General

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,491 Views)