From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication and Deployment 14.0 Error -63044

I am having issues deploying cRIo images using the lastest Replication and Deployment Utility 14.0. I had no issues with creating the image. However, I have tried deploying on 5 separate cRIO-9075 systems and always get the same Error.

Eveything works great until it tries to download the bit file to the FPGA. I see it try several times to download and then it errors out. See attached image.

I have also followed these instructions, http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BAAA6D86CDDD583C8625729E00572C8B for using MAX to download the actual bitfile, and I get a different error.

There was a problem updating the firmware for this device.

Error code: -52003

And yes, the images was also created from a working cRio-9075 system.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,629 Views)

Hello rpage,

Have you checked that the IP Address is correct and if the NI-RIO Server is running on the Services? Also, have you tried formatting the cRIO and installing the software again? Have you tried generating the bitfile again?

We can try with these first steps to verify if it works. Also, I would like to show you the following link that might give us other hints why this error is generated:

http://www.ni.com/example/30986/en/#toc3 

I hope this can be useful for you, if not please let us know.

Regards,

Luis C.

National Instruments

Message 2 of 7
(3,591 Views)

Hello rpage,

Just to mention, I will try to use one cRIO 9075 as well to reproduce your issue. There are other reports in the past that indicates software issues, so I would like to verify this. I will send you an update of the test.

Regards,

Luis C.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,578 Views)

Hello rpage,

I wanted to mention that I have tried with the utility and I haven’t seen that error. I am going to try to use another code to verify if I can manage to reproduce.

Up to now, do you have any additional information? Have you still experience the same error?

Please let me know so we can continue trying to help you as much as we can.

Regards,

Luis C.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,559 Views)

Thanks Luis,

I did notice that my image had a different IP address than my actual cRio target. So I created a new image. I have not had a chance to verify if the new image works or not. Hopefully, I will get a chance next week.

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,546 Views)

Hello rpage,

Thank you very much for the update.

I'll wait for your reply. Have a great day and hopefully the new image works.

Regards,

Luis C.

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,544 Views)

Just wanted to add my experience and solution just in case it may be helpful for someone in the future.

I was having issues connecting to my FPGA with the same error code -63044. It was showing up on NI MAX with a red X but I was still able to download the bitfile through NI MAX. I looked at the installed software for the PXI system to check if "NI-RIO Server" was installed but I did not change anything lately and the same configuration was working in the past. I was not aware that the NI-RIO Server would be running on the development PC. After seeing the comment from Luis to check that if it is running on the "Services", I opened up the Windows Task Manager, went to Services, and sure enough "NI-RIO Server" was stopped. After running it again I was able to connect to my FPGA.

Message 7 of 7
(2,701 Views)