From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing old Out Port.vi for use on current PC

I am working on upgrading a .vi used for mass spectrometry.  It was set up on a windows 95 pc and it used the "out port.vi".  I have found a number of posts eluding to the fact there there is a simple new replacement for this outdated .vi.  However, I haven't been able to find a definitave answer.  So, what .vi can I use to replace the old out port.vi?

Thanks,

Soren
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,527 Views)
Thank you.  That seems to address the issue directly.  I simply need out port old 6.x.vi.  Now, here is the sticky part.  We currently only have a license for 6i in our lab and we do not even have a site license for our department.  That is another issue entirely.  However, I want to run and develop the .vi we currently have without having to ask my advisor to pony up for another license.  He won't do it for starters.  I do have labview 7.1 student edition on my personal pc (labview course), but if I edited and saved the .vi in 7.1 - I wouldn't be able to read it in 6i.  Is there any workaround here?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,511 Views)

Hello,

If you mean being able to directly edit a 7.1 saved VI in previous version, there's not a workaround.

If you want to develop a VI in version 7.1, and run it on machines without 7.1 installed, you can build an application/exe in 7.1 (if you have the professional version you'll have it, or you'll need the application builder addon, but check your student edition, it may come with it).  The client machines would need the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, but that can be downloaded and installed from the web.

Best Regards,

JLS

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,484 Views)