From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopen Labview with the same configuration

Hello to all.

I would like to know hoe can open my VI with the same configuration. I mean with every indicators, controls, graphs... are equal than when Labview was closed the las time.

Is it that possible?

I am asking this because I am developing a vision application with vision and motion toolkit. And a ROI is changed every time when I run again Labview in the same position of display.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,714 Views)

Hi A.,

when you want to have certain default values in your controls (and indicators) you need to set those default values and save the VI!

Or you need to store your settings in a file and load the settings at start of your VI - like any other software does…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,701 Views)

Thanks for answering.

Yes but I do not want to do that.

Imagine that user put the ROI in x=5 and y=10, close the program and the next day run the program again. I would like that the ROI's position will be x=5 and y=10.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,696 Views)

Hi A.,

Yes but I do not want to do that.

What exactly don't you want to do?

Imagine that user put the ROI in x=5 and y=10, close the program and the next day run the program again. I would like that the ROI's position will be x=5 and y=10.

Then you want to save the current settings of that control and load them when starting your VI!

Again: as any other software you need to use files to keep settings in a save place…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,692 Views)

In a file?

What kind of file can I to save control settings?

And how can it be loaded?

or can you show me a link about this please?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,688 Views)

Hi A.,

yes, in a file.

You can use any file type you like: simple text, config aka INI files, XML data in a file, even "binary" files will do! Just pick a file type based on your requirements/wishes…

And how can it be loaded? or can you show me a link about this please?

LabVIEW has a "file functions" palette. You will find functions for saving data (aka Write) as well as loading data (aka Read).

LabVIEW comes with a lot of example VIs: did you check them already?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,681 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,676 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi A.,

yes, in a file.

You can use any file type you like: simple text, config aka INI files, XML data in a file, even "binary" files will do! Just pick a file type based on your requirements/wishes…

And how can it be loaded? or can you show me a link about this please?

LabVIEW has a "file functions" palette. You will find functions for saving data (aka Write) as well as loading data (aka Read).

LabVIEW comes with a lot of example VIs: did you check them already?

Not often I get to jump in and suggest a better alternative than GerdW

Enable Dataloging on the VI

@See the Help file @Here

Capture.PNG

This feature saves all Front panel data in a binary format and has a built in API for easy storage and retreval of those data records.  Its a seldom used feature of LabVIEW but has been around for decades to enable you to do exactly what you are discribing.

Note: I'm no expert on using this feature! thats why I pointed you to the help whith all those "How To" sections.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,633 Views)