cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renishaw XL80

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning / afternoon, 

I have to connect labVIEW to a Renishaw XL80 interferometer. 

The laser works when I use the software provided by Renishaw, but I cannot connect it to LabVIEW. 

I used the DX10COMLIB in an activeX call, I open the open it and call the connect method, but nothing happen. The "connect" is false 

Then I used a .NET class to call interop.dx10SDKAdaptorLib, then I call the DX10adaptorClass and then the connect function, still nothing. 

I should be pretty close as when this program is running, Carto (software provided by Renishaw) refuses to connect to the laser. As soon as I stop it, it connect. 

Thank you for your help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BenDur

Hello ! 

I solved my problem. 

The code I posted before actually works. 

The problem was the connection between the laser and the computer. As the laser is "far" away from the computer and uses a USB connection, I used a DS-510 to send the USB thru Ethernet and I connect it to my computer. This connection DO NOT WORK WITH THE RENISHAW XL-80.

When the laser is directly connected to the computer (after moving closer the computer to the laser) with a USB cable, the program works just fine. 

Good luck to everyone using the Renishaw Laser ! 

Have a good day 

Message 2 of 14
(4,311 Views)

I have a XL-30H, I want read the data in labview, but have no idear how to do it.

Would you mind share the DX10COMLIB, or your code. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,047 Views)

Hi ! 

Sure thing !

https://gofile.io/d/Z7ilYD

At this address, you can download the DX10SDK library from Renishaw and the help file that comes with it. 

Regarding the labview code, there is the basic code on my first code ; At least you can connect it and it will return the serial number of the laser ! Once you got that, you can read the laser, zero it, ... and so on ! 

Let me know if you have any problem, I'll be happy to help ! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,020 Views)

The show in the link is“This upload does not exist" ,can you upload again  thanks very much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,834 Views)

Sure thing ! 

https://gofile.io/d/mfX5na

Here it is ! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,801 Views)

Hi! Can you  possibly share your XL-80 program to read laser data using LabView. I am unable to find the shared files, I can only see the picture. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,062 Views)

Hi! Can you  possibly share your XL-80 program to read laser data using LabView. I am unable to find the shared files, I can only see the picture.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(954 Views)

If you can please re-post your source codes - thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(271 Views)

Sure thing

Here it is ! 

https://gofile.io/d/janagK

Let me know if you need anything else

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(250 Views)