From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename and Export Multiple DAQ Channels

So I'm working with an 8-channel thermocouple. I've worked the program out to where it will log data from all channels simultaneously and export everything to a .csv when I stop it. Now I'd like to be able to rename the channel headers in the spreadsheet, which I've attempted using the Set Waveform Attributes function to little avail. I have found some success using a VI I found on these boards called Rename Dynamic Signals. Through this VI I can change the plot names on my graph, but I still need the spreadsheet headers.

I'm hoping appropriate use of the Set Waveform Attributes function will solve my problems, but I've struggled so far to make it work. If anyone has any ideas on how to approach this problem I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Travis.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,232 Views)

Forgot to throw the VIs in there.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,231 Views)

Hi tdb867,

Thanks for posting in the forums! Take a look at this community example, which shows how to write continuous data to a .csv file with headers. Please let me know if you have questions.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-7332

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,193 Views)