From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove or Hide Default Feedback Node in LabVIEW FPGA

Is there any way to remove or hide the feedback node when wiring an output of a sub VI to another VI that eventually leads to the input of the same sub VI?

I've tried embedding the feedback node in the sub-vi, just so that it won't appear on the top-level VI, but LabVIEW automatically adds a feedback node regardless.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,089 Views)
Why would you want to hide it? It's part of your code and I don't see the point of hiding code. It would just make it harder for someone to debug it. You can change it to a shift register if you prefer the looks of that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,077 Views)
Technically, it's not always part of the code.

I created HDL nodes and hooked them up outside of any loop in such a way where feedback is involved. I've ran the VI in this manner and used an oscilloscope to check for a clock delay due to the feedback node. However, the only delay I can account for is a small gate delay nowhere near 20 ns. (I'm using the Spartan 3E Starter Board with an onboard clock of 50 MHz).

Essentially, the feedback node is assumed as a wire in this case. I would like to remove or hide it since it's not really intuitive to a lab full of digital logic students that I would be teaching.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,066 Views)
Missed the fact that this was for FPGA. If it's just the image of the feedback node itself, you could create an image of a solid wire and paste it onto the block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,060 Views)
While that would be great for a screenshot, I'm trying to avoid the feedback node from showing up altogether when wiring in the top-level block diagram, since that is what the students will be doing.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,058 Views)
Just in case anybody was interested, I just confirmed with NI that there is no way to remove or hide the top-level feedback nodes that appear by default for the case written above as of LabVIEW FPGA 8.5.1.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,006 Views)