LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove condition disable through VI Server

We currently have a rather large project with two different versions. A conditional disable is used to select what code should be executed based on a project variable selecting the version. Since the new version is ready to be released to other  users, we would like to separate the project into two projects on different computers: one for critical bug fixes for the old code, one for the new code. Therefore we want to remove the conditional disable structure everywhere, but doing this manually would take a considerable effort. Is there any way we can do this through VI Server?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,984 Views)

I don't suppose there is a built in way to do this, but using VI scripting you can go through you hierarchy and call the Remove Structure method on all of these. If you want more details, go look in the LAVA forums scripting forums.

I would probably avoid doing that, however, and I suggest you try to do a find of all the structures and remove them manually.

P.S. For handling different versions of the same project, you should probably check out source code control.

(2,979 Views)
Thank you, I will take a look at it. I might use it for some VIs and not for others.

Regarding source control, we do use it. This was just to overcome a period of working with two different versions, and making sure changes to the previous version to the general program were also applied to the new version.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,969 Views)

tst suggestion of using SCC is a good one.

Code can be branched into different versions and then merged after testing is completed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,963 Views)