cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove VI From ALT TAB Menu

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have written an application which supports swappable UI's. This has been achieved by opening my UI through VI server and passing a cluster of the UI control references back to the main application VI and registering them for dynamic events.

The problem I have is that both my Main.vi and my GUI.vi's appear in the windows ALT+TAB Menu. I have set my Main.vi 100% transparent and removed it from the taskbar but simply cannot work out how (or if its even possible) to remove it from the ALT+TAB Menu.

Attached is a demonstration application showing my problem in LabVIEW 8.6. To see the problem, open Main.vi (ensure the block diagram is closed) and hit the run arrow. You will have one window displayed (GUI.vi) on screen and one in the taskbar yet two available via ALT+TAB.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,472 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SteveBale

Hi,

I have made slight modifications to your VI. I think this should work.

untitled.JPG 

Message 2 of 9
(3,434 Views)

Brilliant! Thanks a million Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,428 Views)

VooDoo,

Why does your image look like this?

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 05-27-2009 11:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,423 Views)
It appears the link to the image is to some /t5 subdirectory. I'm guessing it's another one of those "internal to NI only" links.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,403 Views)

Hi VooDoo,

could you attach your pic to a forum message instead of directing to a 3rd party server? That way we all should be able to see your solution - which is interesting for me too...

Message Edited by GerdW on 05-27-2009 06:35 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,402 Views)
It's not a third party server. With the upgrade to the forums and the new image gallery, the /t5 folder is where the images reside. Don't know why the X appears, though.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,386 Views)

I'm not sure why this is happening. The image was appearing fine when I check it last!!

anyways..please find attached the image again...and the vi..just in case.

untitled.JPG 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,349 Views)

from here

Laura F. wrote: 

altenbach: deleting an image will make it disappear from your posts; uploading files with the same name does not break anything; you cannot click on an image and have it open in a new window; I'm not sure if you can link to your image gallery outside of the forums, the intention is to use it for images you embed in your posts and avatars; the initial limit on gallery size is 1000 images and it can be increased if needed; the gallery does not have much organization

Oops..i think i know the problem now 😛

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,342 Views)