LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Plots from Chart/Graphs

I think I'm missing something very basic here.  I have a chart that I can clear by wiring an empty array to the History property.  This works fine.  But, if I look at the properties for the chart, there are still 12 plots configured in the Plots tab.  How do I delete these?

Thanks!

Message Edited by Derek Price on 05-21-2008 01:52 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,072 Views)
Clearing the History does not affect the definition of the plots. It's merely clearing the data, not the plot definition(s). This is actually a good thing.

The chart/graphs automatically resize the plots based on the input datatype and size of array (if generating multiple plots).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,059 Views)
I wouldn't normally care about this, but I have a strange problem where I'm creating plots names via the active plot and plot name properties.  When they get displayed in the legend, they're out of order.  Note that MFC A is listed at the bottom, instead of the top.  I was trying to clear out the plots so it would reset itself, but every time I try to update it, it always has the order incorrect.  Here's a snippet of what I'm doing:

Any ideas?

Message Edited by Derek Price on 05-21-2008 03:12 PM

Message Edited by Derek Price on 05-21-2008 03:12 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,053 Views)
Yes. Reverse the vertical order of the properties. Property nodes execute from the top down. So, you're setting the plot name before you've selected the plot.
Message 4 of 11
(4,045 Views)
You da man!

Thanks,
Derek
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,040 Views)
I'm resurrecting this old thread because the original post is my current issue.  Using LV2009 SP1, if my waveform chart has multiple plots, re-wiring a scalar to it for 1 plot doesn't get rid of the extra plots.  It's an issue because then an old plot seems to remain the active plot.  I could use a property node to set the active plot, but with 20 charts => hassle.  So, how do I delete the extra plots, or is this a bug?  TY!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,743 Views)
Wway I do mine is to use a cluster size into the chart (this does not apply to graph). I change the cluster size and it changes the number of active plots. By the way, in the properties of the chart and graph you can change it there too.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,708 Views)

Ok I tested that, it does work, resizing the cluster from 3 to 2.  But not from 2 to 1.  I can't get it to only have 1 plot.  If there's a way to change that from the chart's front panel properties, that would be ok too; where is that option though?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,700 Views)

Go to the front pannel. Right click and select properties and use the apperance tab. You will see the number of active plots.

I have one with 5 channels and just tried it. It seems to work with no problem, though it does not affect the legend display.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,691 Views)
You could employ the NaN "trick" as shown in the attached examples (LV 8.2). If you run the VI then click on the Stop button and pull up the properties on the chart you'll see that there's 3 plots. If you re-run the VI, click on the OK button and then stop the VI the chart will have only 1 plot.
Message 10 of 11
(3,689 Views)