LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote panels cause doubled events

I'm having a difficult time with remote panels.

I have a LabVIEW application that runs as a Remote Panel Server (I just added the WebServer.Enabled=True in MyApplication.ini)

It launches several VIs through VI server into a Subpanel (I don't know if this is relevant).

This stand-alone executable works properly, but behaves differently when used in a remote panel:

I have another LabVIEW application running on a different computer that easily connected to the first one and took control of the Front Panel, but despite releasing it, the front panel kept locked.

--> I solved this by disabling the "Lock front panel until the event case for this event completes" (and avoiding the user to produce more events by setting the cursor busy)

Once solved, one of the Enum controls didn't update its value at runtime

--> I've read this is usual, I solved it by adding a 250ms delay at the beginning of the application, and then, changing its value with a property node.

NOW: Every time I click on a button, it generates two events.

-- I tried changing the mechanical action from "Latch when released" to "Switch when pressed", but still with the same result...

-- I had some "value signaling" property nodes, removed them, but keeps generating two events by every click...

-- I must emphasize: This only occurs when using the application as a remote panel.

Is this behavior produced by the event strcture change I did?

Any help will be welcome

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,623 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using, 8.5?

Does this happen only with your application or can you reproduce it with something simple too?

Are you using the "Value Change" event?

Does other events like a "Mouse Down" then also get generated twice?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,553 Views)

Hello, Christian.

The application was formerly built in LabVIEW 8.5, but downgraded to LabVIEW 8.2 in order to work as a remote panel for the second application (another executable built in LabVIEW 8.2).

So, the Server application runs in a PXI with LabVIEW 8.5, and the LabVIEW RTE 8.2 of course.

Yes, it uses the "value change" events, in these, I disabled the option "Lock front panel until the event case for this event completes", since the Front Panel kept locked after the client realesed the control...

Are the LabVIEW versions related to this behavior?

I'll try to reproduce it with a simple program and try other events,  and I'll let you know.

Thanks for answering.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,538 Views)

Resurrecting a long dead post - was there any resolution to this? I am seeing a similar issue with doubled events, though in my case I am using a Value (Signaling) property node.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,133 Views)

Attached is a test VI that illustrates the behavior. Seems to me that this is a bug?

Both buttons generate events to add a new timestamp to their respective array. Button 1 writes to a Value (Signaling) property node to trigger the Button 2 event. When executing on my machine it works normally. However, when accessing via remote panel pressing Button 1 triggers TWO Button 2 events.

Using LabView 2016 and Internet Explorer 11.0.10240.17202

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,120 Views)